Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Biggest Surprise

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Biggest Surprise

    What is the biggest surprise in Football this year..

    1) High School
    2) College
    3) NFL

    1) Gate City, they are on the ropes.. Probably will not make the playoffs, never thought I would see that

    2) the combination of FSU and Miami.. very dissapointing, I personally had them picked to play in the ACC championship game before the season started

    3) The New Orleans Saints.. They find a way to win.. maybe they can earn a playoff spot..

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    High School- GC as well, I expected them to be at the top

    College- Michigan, after that loss to Nebraska last year in the bowl game, i thought this might be a long season

    Pro-Miami, I actually expected the Fins to win the afc east, boy what was i thinking [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/arcadefreak.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    Biggest High School Surprise--Ervinton.

    Biggest College Surprise--Georgia Its like they forgotten how to play football

    Biggest NFL Surprise --Dolphins. I didn't think they was as good as they looked at the end of the year, but I didn't think they were as bad as they've looked this year
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    High School - Gate City also, never would have imagined them going at worst 4-6 or even if they win out 6-4.

    College - The ACC, people wanted to put the ACC up with the SEC and the Big Ten as a top conference, don't think that will be mentioned again for a while, Down years for Florida State, Miami, and a couple of other schools.

    Pro - The D A M N Raiders, they kill me. And probably the Dolphins, I thought they would make run this year for at least a playoff spot.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    EDIT - Total screwup on my part. Got mixed up.
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    I called for the Rebs to have a shot at winning the CD before the season started. There was zero reason that they shouldn't have, as I told Crabtree at the jamboree. Plenty of starters back, Kiser..the pieces were in place. I am however a little surprised at the Vikes (must have gotten caught up in the hype)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    Mmmm Ervinton hasn't played Haysi yet Chubz
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    [ QUOTE ]
    Mmmm Ervinton hasn't played Haysi yet Chubz

    [/ QUOTE ]

    EDIT -- AHHHH Nevermind I figured it out, it was LEE HIGH defeating Haysi.

    My fault. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    The Lee High victory over Haysi was what I originally meant as my biggest surprise, however, because as I originally said, I NEVER would have predicted that outcome.
    Officially retired

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    GC might've been a surprise to people outside GC, but we all said before the first game that this would be a down year. They're six points away from bein 6-2 right now, the problem is they're 4-4. They'll be back, but I wouldn't say it's a shock by any stretch.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest Surprise

    usually a down year for gate city would be a great year for Kelly, Pound or Coeburn

    I didn't expect them to win the district I picked them to lose 3 games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •